Adaptive lighting and single lighting point remote control
Raising number of tourists visiting Sardinia forces the region to expand and modernise its road network. Two new junctions on the new Sassari-Olbia national road 597 were inaugurated in June 2016: junction with old SS597 national road and junction with the SS131 national road, both just a few Km from Sassari.
Lighting of these main road interchanges is employing Opera range modules and LTM sensors of Revetec.
A power line carrier LPC module has been embedded within each lighting fixture. The whole switchboards are equipped with DIM, LPM/D and MEM modules, along with GSM modem for communication with the control center. LTM sensor has been installed nearby each junction: LTM, through measurement of luminance, traffic and weather conditions, controls the luminous flux of lighting fixtures.
Sensors have been installed near the carriageway side while data are being gathered in real time and processed as to define the suitable dimming. The algorithm is being sent via radio-frequency devices, to LPM/D and DIM modules within the switchboard. Latter modules are controlling dimming of lighting fixtures part of the plant, via power line carrier. This way the correct luminous flux regulation in real time is achievable, in full compliance with standards.
Maestro software for remote control has been installed on the road authority (ANAS) servers. Further to download of measures and alarms functionality, the option to adjust both settings of switchboards modules and dimming profiles of luminaires is available. Alarms and reports are being sent via email and SMS text messages to on-duty technical staff.
- 115 units 99W LED lighting fixtures, equipped with power line carrier LPC module.
- 46 units 102W LED lighting fixtures, equipped with power line carrier LPC module.
- 4 units 55W LED lighting fixtures, equipped with power line carrier LPC module.
- 2 units electrical panels, equipped with DIM, MEM, LPM/D modules and GSM modem.
- 2 units LTM detection sensor for luminance traffic and weather conditions.
- 1 units Maestro software installed at control center.