Remote management and sustainable future in Arab Emirates
With "Abu Dhabi Vision 2030" the emirate has engaged on a sustainable future through low environmental impact energy efficiency program.
From 2012 requalification works began and one of the most important achievements concerned “Al Shamkha” area. Works were divided into four batches and saw the installation of 18,000 LED lighting points equipped with Revetec LPC module controlled through PLC from 260 LPM modules installed inside corresponding control panels.
Valued area’s energy cost for public lighting would be about EUR 1.4 million; thanks to dimming via LPC modules an annual savings of about 700,000 euros has been achieved, in addition to the advantages of remote monitoring and maintenance. Estimated pay-back of investment is being reached within 4 to 6 years.
On LPM modules several time scenarios have been set; scenarios are sending dimming commands towards every single luminaire: for each batch multiple scenarios have been set for both testing and project requirements.
Following an example of time-scenarios set on the first batch:
- Scenario 1: from power-on to 09:00 PM full Light
- Scenario 2: from 09:00 PM to 00:00 AM 30% dimming
- Scenario 3: from 00:00 AM to 05:00 AM 70% dimming
- Scenario 4: from 05:00 AM until shutdown full light
- 260 units control panels equipped with LPM modules working through PLC
- 8,000 units 103W LED lighting fixtures equipped with Revetec LPC module
- 10,000 units 206W LED lighting fixtures equipped with Revetec LPC module