Free parking space system with computervision and deep learning
The smart parking system is featuring an algorithm based on both computer vision and deep learning, as to determine the occupation of a parking bay and the duration of the parking, starting from an image detected by an installed camera, or from an
LTM sensor positioned near the parking area.
Camera is sending images to the server at adjustable intervals, soft affecting data traffic bandwidth and guaranteeing the possibility of using either 3G or 4G devices for data transmission. By Using LTM, processing is taking place on site thanks to the embedded PC.
Vehicular identification is also working in adverse weather conditions as well as with different light exposure, allowing a precision rate that exceeds 99% with a specific calibration compared to the monitored scene.
A camera covers an average of 20-30 parking bays, depending on the layout of the parking. Additional modules are monitoring the parking bays continuously, providing forecast data and detecting vehicles in nonparking areas.
Without sensors on the ground, it represents a relatively inexpensive and maintenance-free infrastructure avoiding either replacement of batteries or rebuilding of the road surface.
Parking data are made available on:
- Web interface devoted to the parking manager where data are being analysed: duration of parking, occupied bays, percentage of occupancy, etc.
- Mobile APP for Smartphones and Tablets where the citizen is finding parking areas and free bays in real time, and activating GPS navigation up to the available parking bay.
- Variable message panels for parking addressing: installed on the side of the road and near the parking area, these panels are displaying the number of free parking bays.
- Standard camera installed near the parking (minimum 2 MPx), or LTM sensor
- Device connected to the Internet to send data towards the server (3G / 4G router, wired internet connection)
- Server with analysis algorithm processing images provided by the camera
- Web application for data analysis and parking display
- APP for mobile devices with real time parking information
- Variable Message Panels indicating the number of free parking bays and the name of the parking, located on the side of the road near the parking area.